September 14, 2010

In the beginning...

Malta is the location we've chosen for our destination wedding for the summer of 2011. 

The journey to Malta un-officially began earlier this year in Rome when we took a trip there for my birthday. Here's how it began: 

Pretty much all my friends were convinced he would propose. I have to admit it, the thought did cross my mind but I refused to entertain it as I didn't want to get all excited and expectant only to be disappointed.


Anyway one of my friends E said to make sure that I should eat my birthday dinner dessert carefully in the event he had the restaurant put the ring in there - to which I responded that's too cliché.


Well to humor all my friends, I didn't say anything to him and I decided to wait through my birthday trip and dinner to let him know. 


So after I carefully ate my dessert I was like oh well I guess there's not a ring in here - I then told him of the various people who were convinced he would propose.
We both started laughing and he said, " I did think about it but couldn't find the perfect size ring :) "


So I guess my friends were half right. The rest of the conversation went like this:
K - but you do know we're getting married next July right ?
Me - oh really? nope I didn't
K - so feel free to start planning :)
Me - ok .....


Over the past several months, we had begun to actively work towards planning our future together, we purchased our first home together (details will follow later) and discussed our intentions with our parents. 

A few weeks ago, his mom called my dad to officially initiate the discussions and we can now officially begin to plan for Malta. My father has declared himself the CEO of all wedding planning activities!
However, I am yet to officially receive my ring ;) I'm going to London to visit for a while at the end of this week, so stay tuned... 

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so exciting! Congratulations dear. And I hear Malta is beautiful! Will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malta! Sounds like the wedding will be exotic, exciting and elegant! Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat-o! Sounds so exciting. I can' wait to hear all the upcoming details and see all the photos (hint hint). Kidding. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wedding-related blogs! Enjoy every minute of this journey to Mrs!

    ReplyDelete